Sunday, March 29, 2009

Daddy Blogging: Breakfast with Daddy

This morning I got up with Mommy and she fed me breakfast while Daddy slept in for a little bit.  Later on, when Daddy woke up he decided that he wanted to eat some breakfast of his own, and he let me help a bit!  Then we got to the best part, I got to eat some of Daddy's breakfast.

Daddy decided he was going to make eggs, and he wanted to try out a new trick he picked up from Grandma Pat while we were up in Duluth.  It worked out perfectly.  First, Daddy got out the pan and the eggs.  Then he had me hand him an egg and watch while he cracked it into the pan.  Then I got to throw away the shell and hand him another egg.  It was a little messy, but it was fun and we managed to not break any eggs in places where they shouldn't be broken.  Then I got to sit on the counter and watch while Daddy put the eggs on the heat.  He covered them up for a couple minutes, and when he took the cover back off, they had started to change color!  They were more white than clear now.  Then Daddy separated the eggs a bit and added some water and covered them up again.  A few minutes later he said they were done and I couldn't wait to try them.  Daddy said something about the eggs being perfect when he finished.

Then we sat down to eat the eggs.  Most people know that I'm not a big fan of eggs, but since I helped cook them I figured I should try a few bites.  And you know what?  They weren't as bad as I thought.  I ended up eating a whole egg of my own.  Daddy would give me a bite, and then I would eat it quickly and ask for another.  I had some of his toast too.  I guess I was still a little hungry after my first breakfast.  I thought the egg whites were alright, but the yolky parts were really good.

Then I had a great idea!  What if I took a bite of egg, sucked off all the yolky parts and gave the whites back to Daddy to eat?  It was a stroke of genius.  So I took a bite of egg and sucked off the yolk.  Then I waited for Daddy to lean in and talk to me (we sit close together when we eat breakfast) and I took the white egg out of my mouth and shoved it into his.  I guess Daddy only likes to yolks too because he immediately spit out the eggs and told me not to put food in people's mouths.

After breakfast, I played on my Zebra with Daddy and we let Mommy catch a short nap.  It was a good morning.  I hope the rest of the day goes like this.

No comments: