Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Duluth-Thursday

We had a fun and VERY busy day on Thursday.    

IMG_5503IMG_5504

I started out the day playing with Grandpa John (since he didn't get home until very late this was the first I had seen him in awhile.)

IMG_5507IMG_5510

We met a bunch of Daddy's friends for lunch at Old Chicago.  Daddy worked with all of them at some point in time (either at the school district or SM/DC.)  We also tooled around canal park.

IMG_5514IMG_5512

After lunch, we stopped by the mall so Mommy could pick up a pair of earrings and change my diaper.  A kind gentleman won a toy duck in the claw machine and gave it to me.  I like the duck.  It is soft.

IMG_5515IMG_5516IMG_5518

Then, we went to David's bridal to meet Auntie Tiffers.  She is getting married this summer and guess what??  I GET TO BE A FLOWER GIRL!!!!!!!  I'm very very excited about this.  We met her at the dress store to check out dresses and get sized for my special dress.  The dress Tiffany picked out is so pretty, but we don't have any pictures of me in it because they only had it in a size 5.  Mama ended up ordering the smallest size that it comes in and she still thinks it's going to need a few inches cut off of the bottom (unless I do some serious growing between now and July 18th!)  I had a blast hanging out at the store with all the mirrors.  I got to climb everything and just had a great time.  I was also very excited to see Tiffany, as I had not seen her since Thanksgiving.

IMG_5519IMG_5528IMG_5522 

IMG_5521 

This dress is a size 2.  It was a bit big, but it will have to do.  This isn't the style I'll be wearing though.

IMG_5532 IMG_5536

I napped in the afternoon and then we went to Mommy & Daddy's favorite restaurant in Cloquet for dinner (Mexico Lindo.)  We met a few friends and I even got to meet and hang out with Seth (who is like almost 4 now I think.)  After a delicious dinner and a pitcher of margaritas (for Mommy & Daddy although, I DID try to drink mommy's) we went to the Hanson's house.  It had been a long time since I had seen them and we always have such a fun time.  Ryan is my Godfather and I sure do love him!!  We had tons of fun running around the house, playing, listening to music, dancing and talking.  Ryan is the best Godfather ever.  Here are some pictures of my day and a BUNCH of videos at the bottom.

IMG_5539 IMG_5541

IMG_5544

Yes, I'm drooly, I'm getting another tooth.

IMG_5548IMG_5549

Ryan took me to his room and encouraged me to jump on the bed.  Then, he showed me a funny alarm clock in his brothers room (Mommy said I'm now scarred for life.)  After that I tried on slippers in his cousin's room.  I like slippers, they're warm.

IMG_5553

Finally, we went down the stairs 'big girl style' (standing up) and that was fun.

IMG_5556IMG_5564

Ryan is a music teacher and band director so of course there was more music.  The videos at the bottom show more detail.

IMG_5580IMG_5582

This is the room where a lot of music happens.  When Daddy was in High School with Ryan they were in a band together and they would practice in this room.  There is even a sign still hanging on the wall made by Daddy when he was in High School. 

IMG_5586

Uncle Ryan says that you have to start young!!

IMG_5587

Ryan's Daddy, Ron, is also very talented at the Piano and played for me as well.

------------------------------------------------------------

    

It's kind of tradition for Daddy & Ryan to sing me a song.  Daddy didn't know this one so Mommy sang along.  She wouldn't let me put up any video of her singing though, sorry!

I love to dance.

No comments: