Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Daddy Blogging: The Bean's Difficult Evening

Lauren wanted me to tell you about her difficult evening tonight. When I got home from work she was laying in Mommy's lap and crying. It turns out that she had taken a late nap was still a little tired and cranky when she woke up. I tried to cuddle with her for a while to see if she would start to be less upset, but it never happened. Eventually Mommy had to go to work. That's when things got really bad.

Lauren really started to miss Mommy. She wanted to see her so badly that she started demanding that we go 'bye bye.' She grabbed her shoes and brought them to me saying 'bye bye.' Then she started walking around the house saying 'Mama' over and over again. She also grabbed her coat and hat and asked to go bye bye again. She even went so far as to start packing up her diaper bag. She was still crying the whole time too. She cried for nearly two straight hours.

Finally we called up grandma and talked to her for a while. That was able to calm her down for a while. And then, just before bathtime, Mommy came home from work! Lauren was so happy to see her mommy again, and Mommy was sad to hear how much Lauren missed her. It was a beautiful family reunion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My poor bean.How sad you cried that long. I'm glad I could help calm you down.I love you so much.It's so sad when Mommy has to go to work.
Grandma