Saturday, July 25, 2009

My 2nd Birthday

I'm a 2 year old now.  It's really exciting to be 2.  Mommy says that I'm a big girl now and some things are going to be changing around our house soon.  I'm a little nervous about things changing, but I'm sure I can handle it.  Here are some pictures from my party.

IMG_6895

Here are the monkey cookies.  Mommy would like to send a HUGE thank you out to Uncle Ryan and Aunt Tiffany (the newlyweds) who took time out of their busy schedule to come down early and help out.  Ryan is a big strong guy, but don't let his exterior fool you.  Inside, he's an excellent cookie decorator!!

IMG_6897IMG_6906

Here I am with my monkey dress hat & purse before the guests arrived.

IMG_6912IMG_6913

I do like to just make myself at home in Janet's lap.  Luckily though, she doesn't mind too much as long as I'm mindful of Baby Mark.

IMG_6932

Here I am blowing out the candles on my monkey cake.  Mommy was sad that it wasn't quite what she ordered but it sure tasted yummy.

IMG_6934IMG_6935

Here I am with Phil (is cool.)  I gotta spread my love around, so I like to make the rounds to all of the lovely and available laps that are presented to me.

 IMG_6940IMG_6941

IMG_6946

IMG_6950IMG_6959

Here I am looking at a picture of me on a card.  It was so neat to see me on it.  I think I even said "Baby Mark" when I saw the picture (because that is who is in the picture with me.)  I also got a very furry kitty...

IMG_6962IMG_6963

which I really liked.  I hugged him, snuggled him, and then...sat on him.  I'm not sure why, I just wanted to sit on the kitty.  Mom & Dad were immediately reaffirmed of their animal owning decisions.

Overall, it was a wonderful day and I received lots of neat things which I like quite a bit!!  However, the best gift, is the gift of time and presence (not to be confused with presents.)  Thank you to everyone who takes the time out of their busy lives to spend one afternoon with a little girl.  The memory of presence will be around much longer than any gift!

IMG_6969IMG_6972

Later in the day, I was feeling tired (since I missed out on my nap.)  So I snuggled in next to Auntie Tiffers and she read me a bunch of books (all of which were birthday gifts.)  I just love to read!!

1 comment:

Kari said...

The cookies turned out super cute! Looks like everyone had a fun time at the party! Happy 2nd b-day Lauren!!