Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lauren the Builder

This morning Mommy, Daddy and I went to The Home Depot for a project.  On the first Saturday of the month The Home Depot has fun building projects for kids, so we decided to go check it out.

When we got there, the first thing they did was give me my own work apron with my name on it.  It's really nice because it protects my clothes and I think orange is a good color on me.  Then, they gave us a project kit to work on.  Some of the kids that got there early were making little wheel barrow planters, but since we got there late we built a memory tray instead.  Daddy took the pieces out, looked at the directions and said that it looked pretty easy.  Mommy was manning the camera as usual.

IMG_5890

Daddy took the two sides of the tray and glued the bottom on.  Then he started a couple nails for me to drive.  I finally got to take over and pounded the nails in all the way (with some help from Daddy of course).

When it was all done I went and showed the lady, and she gave me a project pin to put on my apron that shows everyone that I've finished that project.  I hope we do this every month and I'll get a big collection of pins.  I'll keep you posted on all my other building projects.

IMG_5896IMG_5893

No comments: