Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My trip to Pehling bay Farm

Today a group of friends visited Pehling Bay Farm in rural Nicollet.  We luckily had an in as Anna's brother and sister-in-law run the farm (and CSA!)  We had a great time wandering around the pastures and checking out all of the new (ish) baby animals.  Thanks again for the hospitality Liza!

IMG_6011IMG_6019

Here I am before all the action began sporting my newest look, the quad piggies.  Check them out...4 little pig tails, it's the newest thing I tell 'ya, it's going to catch on!

IMG_6020IMG_6023 

We started out with the Chickens and baby chicks.  We had to stay close to our Mommies because there were electric fences.  They turned the fences off but it was a good idea for us to stay away from them anyway.

IMG_6029

Here I am thinking about petting a couple of baby chicks.  I was thinking hard about it and eventually decided not to partake in the cheeping little critters.   Maybe next time though...

IMG_6033

Next, we saw some cows "Mooing" in the field.  They're mostly free range, grass fed I believe.  I had a fun time saying, "Hi Cows."

IMG_6034IMG_6036

After that, we visited the sheep, or the "baaaaa's" as I like to call them.  During this visit I said, "Hi baaa, bye baaaa" quite a bit.

IMG_6035

IMG_6038IMG_6040

Lastly, we visited a baby sheep that was only about 2 days old.  His Mommy was a little upset that he was taken from her so we had to be quick with our visit.  I liked his soft fuzzy fur.

IMG_6049IMG_6051IMG_6052

We ended the day with a group shot (or 10.)  It's pretty hard to get us all sitting in one place for any period of time.  I sure am thankful for my friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was little I never got to do cool stuff like this. Lauren has a lot of activities that she does and I think it really benefits her. I really appreciate all the work you do to keep our daughter active and engaged and learning all the time. You're a good mommy and you deserve another double cheeseburger. Let me know when you want to collect.