Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Great Plains Zoo

Thursday night Mommy, Daddy & I headed down to Gaa Gaa & Papa's house.  Then, we left bright and early Friday morning for Sioux Falls, SD.  We did a lot of fun things like go to the zoo, swim, shop, play, swim, ride go carts and swim.  Here are some pictures of the great time we had.

IMG_7176IMG_7177

IMG_7182

Here are two Gibbon's.  They were very very loud.  The tiny baby was very cute.

IMG_7191IMG_7187

Here we are feeding the peacock.  I was able to get really close to it.  It was pretty friendly and definitely the most tame peacock I've ever seen.

IMG_7199IMG_7203

IMG_7204IMG_7205IMG_7207

Here I am feeding the goats and other various critters found in the Children's Barnyard.

IMG_7222IMG_7224IMG_7226

The Giraffe's wouldn't come up to the observation deck so we had to peek through the gates at them.  In the picture on the left, you can see the baby giraffe coming up behind the bigger one.  They were sooooo big!

IMG_7230

My favorite part of the zoo was the train ride. I just love the "Choo-Choos"

IMG_7241IMG_7247IMG_7242

I also loved the Carousel.  It was made with real zoo animals.  The first time I picked the gorilla.  Then, I picked the dolphin.  Mommy thought it looked like a lot of fun so she took a ride on the elephant.

 

 

No comments: