Monday, September 15, 2008

Daddy Blogging: Cooking with Old Mother Hubbard

Mommy is at work tonight so it was just me and Daddy for dinner.  As usual, Daddy had no idea what he should make for dinner, so I offered to help.  I went over to the pantry and selected a delicious set of ingredients: 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, a box of macaroni noodles, and some powdered pancake mix.  I was sure that Daddy could make something awesome with those ingredients, but he said that I needed to eat something more balanced.  So then he put those ingredients away and picked out other stuff.  He also mumbled something comparing Mommy to "Old Mother Hubbard."  I don't know who she is, but I bet she's nice.

Daddy cooked up some frozen meatballs and a chicken patty and he served that with some fruit.  He also gave me my usual appetizer of raisins, and animal crackers and served it with milk.  It was really good!  At one point I was so overcome by the flavor that I tore off my bib and rubbed a meatball all over my pink shirt.  Daddy said that he was going to have to sleep on the couch if he didn't get that stain cleaned up right away.

Daddy is going to have to take care of dinner tomorrow night too.  He says that he better start thinking about what to make now.  He's not sure what kind of meal he can put together from potato chips, mayonnaise, one hot dog bun, and a packet of sugar.  By the way, even though daddy made me eat fruit and meat with my dinner, he ate a piece of cake.  I think he's a hypocri--  a hypo--  a hip-- he doesn't do what he says.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your daddy found something for you to eat.Your daddy sure is funny,I love it when he helps you blog.You should have him help you more often.
Grandma

Katie Marie said...

Mayo, potato chips, a hotdog bun and sugar? It sounds like your Daddy needs to take some cooking lessons from McGruber... um er... MacGyver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY-a-JoMQ-E