Friday, October 3, 2008

Daddy Blogging: All About Teeth

This morning Mommy had a staff meeting so Daddy stayed home with me to feed me my breakfast.  He made a delicious pancake and I had some raisins and milk too.  It was pretty good, but I wanted something different.  Something new and exciting.  So Daddy decided to let me have some peanut butter toast.

Normally Mommy doesn't want to let me have a big piece of toast with peanut butter on it because I like to swallow large wads of food without swallowing and she is worried that I will choke.  But Daddy says that when Mommy isn't home we do things a little bit differently.  So he made up the toast, put the peanut butter on it, and gave me a small piece.  Oh my gosh it was delicious.  And I know that Daddy was worried that I wasn't going to chew it properly, so I did something for him that I've never done before.  I used my new front teeth to take a bite of my food instead of shoving the whole thing in my mouth.  I took three or four dainty bites of the food, and I savored the flavor of the peanut butter.

Speaking of teeth, I've got more of them coming in.  Mommy and Daddy have been wondering all week long why I've been so cranky.  But yesterday I let Mommy get a good look in my mouth and she found out that I have two more of my front teeth coming in, and I've got a molar that has broken through also.  I'm glad she found that because now they are giving me a lot more Oragel and I get a dose of baby Tylenol at night to help me sleep.  That really seems to help, but I still woke up three times last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry those teeth are giving you trouble. That peanut butter is perty good stuff.
Grandma