Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kevin was in an accident

However, he's fine *sigh of relief.*

I heard my cell phone ringing Tuesday morning at about 7:30 (not too long after Kev left for work on the scooter.) For some reason I got up (probably because the person left a message and I wanted to know who it was.) Well, I saw it was Kevin and called him back without listening to the message, which turned out to be a good thing.

Apparently, it had been raining (therefore he SHOULDN'T have rode the scooter at all, but that's another post all together.) There are these weird rain grates at the bottom of Lee blvd hill for the rainwater to go into and I guess they were very slippery. As Kevin was about to turn, he went over the slippery grates and the wheels came out from under him. He scraped up his wrists and a bit of his ankle but otherwise is fine. His wrist hurt him for awhile but he's predicting a full recovery by the weekend. The scooter, however, not as good. :( Luckily it's nothing major, just some scratches and stuff. Check it out for yourself:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please don't think me a dumb ass. The roads were already partially dry and the forecast predicted that it was going to be a beautiful day (which it was). Also, there were other riders on the street so I felt that it wasn't poor judgment to ride the scooter to work.

And yes, I was wearing my helmet.