Sunday, August 3, 2008

We're back

Kev and I are back from Bismarck. We had a great time and as usual ask ourselves, "Why has it been so long since we've been there?" We always have SUCH a blast, it's sad that we can't get out there more. Unfortunately, it's a very very long drive. I didn't think it would be much worse that driving from Duluth to NoDak, but the drive from kato there was much worse!! Maybe it was the perpetual road construction, detours, or slow drivers, but I'm thinking that perhaps we're just farther away that we were in Duluth.

Anywho, we left Friday at 6am and barely arrived in time to stop and pick up a gift (we had to do everything last minute since we weren't sure if we'd be able to go due to my crazy fever and stuff.) We got dressed at a wayside rest (LOL!) and I had to put my makeup on in the car (hellllooo Tammy Faye, we'll I hope not.) It was a nice wedding with a lot of familiar touches. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I am flattered. Summer and Steven had a few details in their day that they borrowed from us and it was nice to see. My sister (in law) Tiffany was a bridesmaid and looked ravishing (as did the bride too of course.)

On Saturday we had a fun day hanging out with the family. We hadn't seen Kev's sister Heather since our wedding and her kiddos (our nieces) have grown do much. Later in the evening the entire clan got together at a tiny hole in the wall for Karaoke and everyone is so darn good! I didn't sing (I used to sing, but was never a soloist) but almost everyone else did.

The drive back today was very very long and I was just happy to get home. It was only our second time away from Lauren and the first time we were any distance away from her. Luckily, my parents were able to take a day off from work and come up to our place to take care of her. I really think it made a big difference as she was in her element and so unbelievably happy to be around all weekend. My parents were very sad to say goodbye. They had too much fun spoiling her (they took her out to eat, bought her a new toy and took her to the FAIR!) How fun!

Ok I need to wrap it up here, I'm rambling now and have some stuff to do and my one and only tv show that I'm loyal to, to watch. Take care!

No comments: