Sunday, December 7, 2008

Babies 1st...

Black EYE! Sadness. :(

The teeth look ok today, but the eye is black and the side of her face is swollen. I could just cry when I look at her. She woke up this morning with a little dried blood on her face and a few spots on her sheets. I'm sure she will continue to be oblivious to her surroundings and kind of klutzy, but I'm still hoping she will be more careful in the future.

IMG_4922 IMG_4927

IMG_4929

On the bright side, she got her first visit to the dentist out of the way and we had added her to our family coverage when she was born, so there's no work involved.

Oh, and isn't her hair getting long? People have asked me if we'll be cutting it and the answer is HECK NO! As long as she's ok about keeping the clips in her hair (so I can keep it out of her eyes) I think we'll leave it. I'd like it to stay curly. As many of you know, when my mom cut my curly tendrils for the very first time (right before Kindergarten) it WENT STRAIGHT...(for like a decade!) So, we're keeping it curly and in her face for now. When she's old enough to protest, then we'll talk. For the time being, we use lots of detangler and only comb it out once per day (sounds just like my hair.)

Ok, I need to head to bed. I'm quite sick and miserable right now. I've been this way since Thursday and I need to be better by tomorrow night because I hate planning for a sub in my night classes (plus, it's the last night of class so I should really be there with something fantastic planned!)

No comments: