Friday, December 26, 2008

Daddy Blogging from the Quarantine Zone

It is never good to be sick, and nobody ever wants to get sick, but I've learned something today.  If you're in a house with kids, and you absolutely cannot avoid getting sick, then you never want to be the first person to get sick.  This is my tale of woe.

On Sunday I was sick.  Not just a little bit sick, oh no.  We're not talking about a headache and a stuffy nose here, we're talking face in the toilet, sweating it out under the blankets, in bed for the whole day sick.  And even though I got better, it took several days before everything in my body was right again.

Then Lauren got sick.  She's been vomiting for three days now.  A couple times on Tuesday, several times on Christmas, and once today.  Not long after, Misty got sick too.  Then Misty's mother.  Misty's dad, Rick, looks like a war vet in a fireworks factory as he's watching everyone fall to biological warfare...just wondering when it is his turn. 

That leaves me, the first person to get sick and the first person to get well, in the position of caring for a sick baby and a sick wife.  It isn't a pleasant time in the Thompson house today.  Rick and I have managed to get Lauren to eat some fruit and crackers, and she's doing a good job of getting her fluids.  Misty on the other hand can't keep water down.  As a general rule, anything that makes me sick will do twice the damage to Misty.  I guess her immune system gets beat down by the army of petri dish children that she encounters in her work.  That means that she is going to be out of commission for the rest of the weekend most likely.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: